Friday 1 November 2013

What a day!

We came back to Helsinki from Estonia in  the  afternoon then straight away we went to the train station to catch a train to Rovaniemi, northern part of Finland. Everything went well, as we got off the boat there was a tram waiting for us to go to the train station. 

We areived earlier than we thought so we went to get a cup of coffee. As I went to the coffee shop to grab a seat first, Iain fellow me in, there was a psyco stood right in front of him and stop  him coming in. There were a few people in front of Iain stopped by this crazy man and they just walked off. The psyco doesn't look like a psyco. He looked normal but he kept stopping people to come in. So maybe they think he worked there? Anyway, since I m already inside the shop Iain was a bit freaked out and asked him why he can't come in. The psyco kept talking to him in Finnish until Iain yelled "move" and all of the sudden he said "why" in English! So Iain said "my wife is in there" angrily. The psyco said "oh of course you can go in. Are you sure that's your wife?"  OMG....

I was surprised that one one bother to say somethig to this crazy man. If this happened in Australia I m sure someone will say something. I m shocked that 
even people work in the shop said nothing to this crazy man! 

When I went to get the coffee this crazy man started talking to me. I competely ignored him. At that point I was glad that I m Asian coz I can say "me? Me no English" to whoever I don't want to talk to!
 Anyway the crazy man felt like he was wasting his time so he left me alone. Not much later I think someone in the shop called the security so this normal-looking-crazy-man was arrested by the security people.

So after the coffee we went to check in for our train. We tried to find our train on the information screen but there is no train to Rovaniemi. I was a bit worry so we went to the customer service officer. The first thing she said to us was "is the train cancelled? There is a strike today so  it's a bit messy." Later she found out our train is alright but her comments almost gave us heart attack! 

At the same time the security came in with the crazy man from the coffee shop and gave him a train ticket! OMG! Please don't tell me he is on the same train with us! Or maybe they gave him a train ticket to Russia?? So they never have to see him again!

Anyway. The long distance train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi is a double decker train with sleeping room. We had a room on the upper floor with bathroom. 






The train is really quite. We have an owl bed sheet and pillows. Very clean. Next to our bed has reading light. Power point and music channels. There are room for you to put your drinks as well. 

The bathroom is one of a kind coz you can transform the bathroom into shower by opening the wall !!



So when you open the wall where the mirror is that's the shower space! The toilet seat will stay dry only the floor get wet. Honestly this is the way to travel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment