Wednesday 13 November 2013

On our way to Rovaniemi Airport


After we met the husky dogs we went to the airport straight away. It supposed to be 3 and a half hour drive but it turns out to be 6 hours!

Before we left the hotel people already told us there's some heavy snow between Inari and Rovaniemi but it didn't really bother us when we "heard" about it.

An hour later the snow was so bad that we couldn't see the road at all. We don't know where's our lane and where's the edge! Then Satu's words came to our head "it's easier to drive when it's minus 7" and that's absolutely right! Iain was so freaked out at that time coz the car was a bit out of control sometimes! When we were closer to Rovaniemi airport, the temperature is just at zero degree and the road was so slippery! Crazy! Iain kept saying to me we won't make it to the airport on time! I was too scared to say anything!

When we finally got to the airport it was half an hour before departure. We ran for our lives to the check in counter! Thank god we made it! 

It's a crazy day! 6 hours heavy snow drive! Then an hour fly to Helsinki and when we touched down I realized I left my folder, which was full of our travel documets, at the airport check in counter!!

Oh my god!!! We travelled to everywhere around the world from south to east to west to north from flight to car to train to cruise! I never lost anything until today, almost the last stop of our travel, I lost the whole folder!!!! I was going to leave it but it also has our passport and mirage certificate copies in it so we paid 140 Euro to get it same day courier back to us  at Helsinki !!

140 Euro!!! That's much more expensive than our flight tickets TOGETHER! I was so angry with myself ! 

So we spent another hour at the airport dealing with all the shit at the same time I was so worry we are going to be miss out hostel booking! As I didn't put a late check it notes with the booking, it will be cancelled if we turn up later than 6pm! What the hell... The taxi was stuck in traffic for a bit and I was completely stress out! I was so mad with myself for everything! But thank God again we made it just before 6pm!


No comments:

Post a Comment