Thursday 14 November 2013

Finland to Sweden


It worked out the price of the hotel for a night in Helsinki is more expensive than taking a cruise to Sweden! Unbelivavle isn't it? We booked Viking line for the cheapest room which is 90 euro and with this price we can't even book a three star hotel in Helsinki. Before we checked in, we asked the lady if we can upgrade so we paid 20 euro for a better room! What a bargain!

Anyway I m really glad that we went to Sweden coz it is really beautiful ! Shame that we were there for only a few hours. I think people should at least spend 2 days for this city.




We spent a long time in the Old Town. It has heaps of souvenirs shops and many places for good photos! Well honestly if I spent one more day there I will get bankrupt. Even their souvenirs are so pretty! Not like those made-in-china Australia souvenirs we have at Peddy market! 



Anyway, Stockholm's public wifi sucks! Unlike Russia and Finland, you need a SIM card in your phone to connect to wifi. So if you turn your phone to flight mode you can't have wifi. McDonald is the only place we found doesn't have this problem tho.

Anyway I met an old friend Kristina at Stockholm. I have known her for a long long time. It was from the day when writing a letter was the only way to communicate. And for 18 years I have never met my pen pal from Sweden. you can imagine how excited I was when I finally met her! It's a shame that our time for each other was only short as we have to go back to the boat by 4.30.

When we walked back to our cruise, we thought its a 15 mins walk but it turned out to be a 30 mins walk so we have to run for our lives!! Imagine if we missed the boat and all our stuffs are in our room? And we were catching the same day flight back to Russia!!! Lucky we made it. Just!! When we sat down in our room the cruise started moving!



No comments:

Post a Comment