Saturday 2 November 2013

Finland - Rovaniemi to Ranua


We finally arrived Rovaniemi, the northern part of Finland. The train trip was very nice but Iain couldn't sleep coz he was overly excited. After two days of travel, I think I have a mixture of sea sick and train sick coz when I m sitting down now, I feel like I m on a boat and a train at the same time!!

Anwway. We picked up our car at the train station and drove ourselves to the hotel. It's a 5 mins drive but it's very nerve breaking. This is the first time we drove in a left hand country. Everything was so confusing! I m glad that I m not the driver coz I would have just walk. 





We then drove south to Ranua where the wildlife park is. The drive is actually easier than driving in the city! It's only one straight road. Iain was driving like an old grandpa but I don't blame him. I will shit my pants if I have to drive on icy tight road!



The zoo was really great! We saw some native animals, polar bear, brown bear, different types of owls an deers. It's really worth going. In Australia you only find snake and kangaroo lying under the sun! 

Anyway, walking on ice/snow is so hard!! We basically walked like a turtle. Or maybe even slowler. The kids were running around us as if they were wearing thongs. I cannot believe something so easy like walking can be so hard for us here. I think I was so stress when walking I have pulled my muscles! Or is it just old age??

No comments:

Post a Comment