Wednesday 30 October 2013

Saint Petersburg - Hermitage museum


I m sure it's one of the world best museum and I m sure it's one of the most difficult museum to get in as well.



To begin with it's our bad that we didn't buy ticket online. It's the worst deciosn ever. There were lots of school kids there, probably about 20 different schools? So you can imagine the queue is very long. There is no sign how to get in the museum as individual so we just try our luck to find our way in.


There is ticket machines at the enterence which have English option but they only take cash.  The ticket is 400 rubles per person and if you want to take photos you have to pay 200 rubles more. But we only have 100 rubles on us so bad luck again. We tried to get ticket at the ticket office. There are 4 ticket offices but the queue was everywhere. There was no sign and no staffs to tell you what to do. We couldn't understand any Russian so we just pushed in. When we finally got the ticket and prepare to go in the security guard told us we can't wear our jackets! I didn't know going to museum is such a formal thing so we only had pajamas under our jackets! Iain was very annoyed but he is not an arguing type of person so it left me to deal with the security guard!

I told him I can't take off my jacket coz I am cold. And he told me it's not cold inside. I told him I will be cold coz I only have pajamas on and I took off my coat to show him immediately! I can tell from his face he wants to laugh. He tried to hold it in and said the rule is the rule. Well. What can we do right? So we wore pajamas to the best museum in the world. Later we found out we were not too bad coz there was a guy wore singlet.


We follow the lonely planet guide to see the most important collections but we were lost right after we saw the Egyptian collections! But I think it's a good thing coz it gave us the chance to browse through all the room that no one cares. We can take beautiful photos with the room and decorations. 


We love the interiors so much that we forgot about the exhibitions. Not that we understand anyway. It's hard to pretend something that we are not sometimes.


The Winter Palace is part of the hermitage museum as well. Imagine being the queen and king living in this beautiful palace. It really feels like waking into a movie.


The whole museum is amazingly beautiful and flash. Everything is gold an sparkling. We have no idea about paintings and stuffs but we truelu enjoy visiting this museum and it's definately worth all the trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment