Wednesday 23 October 2013

About pollution

I have heard a lot of stories about how dirty, or polluted I should say, China is but we never really see how serious it is until the day we flew to Russia. Everyday when we walk around we see this layer of fog/ smog hanging around. Not too thick not to grey. It's like you are living in a 24/7 construction site, there is dust constantly on your face. I didn't realized how horrible it was until one day I took off my shoes and the area that was not covered by the shoes are all dark! I thought I had a tan on my feet but unfortunately I can wash them off without worries.
The last day of our stay in Beijing is the worst. You can only see te shadow of the buildings. What a shame. This beautiful city is now coping with all the over development of the infrastructure. I hope one day we will be able to see the real beauty of this city again.

No comments:

Post a Comment