Tuesday 15 May 2012

The truth is


I really want to make this works. I mean Creative Lane.

I truly believe Sydney artists deserved a better and affordable opportunity. Compare to Melbourne, Sydney is way too commercial and the word "market" seems to be labeled as cheap, mass produce and bargain shopping. There are many great artists here just need a fair chance to let their names out. 

Watching Master Chef every night, I believe some people do live with their dreams.  It's nice to have something that you can hold on to. It's nice to have something that you can define yourself with.

Today I received an email from Art and About and said Creative Lane will be part of the program in 2012. I am extremely excited but also very nervous. I am so glad that we are given this opportunity but I am also scared that things doesn't work out the way that we want. 

I cannot promise anything but I will work my very best to make this works. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Suki, we crafter/ artist types would love to see this take off too.!! I have held off on the whole market thing as I dont want to sell next to someone who is importing stuff from asia and selling as handmade. Sadly that is what Im now doing on Etsy.. Your hard work with Creative Lane will pay off. Vicki :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! It's just so hard to find a regular market in Sydney that allows artists and crafters to sell their works worry free. And if you do go to a good market like Finders Keeper, it's just too expensive! I don't mind import goods, but I do mind bad quality import goods with high price! I work at the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and I deal with trade enquirers everyday. And the mark up of retailers and wholesalers in Australia are just shocking! (funny how my actual job contradict to my dream job) Anyway, I will keep it going because I really want to share my love of local designs and I really think we need good market in Sydney! Thanks for writing!

      Delete