Sunday 20 May 2012

Creative Lane Artists: Trinderella

           

Tracey is the creative minds behind Trinderella! She has a passion for transforming ties into beautiful fashion statement! 



Like the ties I keep finding in op shops: sleek, beautiful and very individual - but all
discarded. I love beautiful things but I hate waste. I’m dismayed by our disposable
society and the problems it poses for the future. This is my opportunity to play fairy
godmother: To give new life to the forgotten.


Ties seem to have very individual personalities (like the men that have worn them no
doubt.) Some are coarse, others smooth; some are bold, others muted; some are trendy
others traditional. To give my pieces synchronicity the chosen ties have to “sit well”
together and compliment each other. I have to cast the final group from hundreds of
very different “personalities” and then stitch them into a shape that makes them, in all
their individuality, “compatible.” I have discovered through the process      that a sleek,
shiny tie and a heavy, coarse tie will often refuse to sit well together. However, an
overt, silky tie can often compliment a muted, understated one. Like people I suppose.


It was fun wondering how the original owners would have perceived each other if
forced to work so closely together. And how they’d feel about their ties, so symbolic
of “maleness”, being used to create something so delicate and feminine.

You will meet Tracey at Creative Lane on the 2 June at the TAP Gallery! Don't forget you can see her works at her website too! 









No comments:

Post a Comment